chicken wire cupboard diy.

IMG_0935

our latest addition to our home was a new bedroom. when we bought little green, the basement was unfinished and had a 6 foot high ceiling. (that is probably why it had been left unfinished for all of these years). since *g* and i could fit down there without getting a concussion, we thought that it was a waste of good space. we therefore decided to develop it.

the first task was to install a bedroom window. next, our contractor came in and went to work. the bedroom took all of seven days to complete. we decided to finish painting, staining, and installing switch plates, light fixtures, and other decor ourselves. this included reworking the built-in cupboard that he installed in order to give us extra storage. 

IMG_1355

this was the cupboard before our diy.

IMG_1360

this was after i wallpapered the shelves.

IMG_1363IMG_1362

*g* used his circular saw to remove the inner piece of the door, and we bought chicken wire to be used as the insert.

IMG_1539 IMG_1548

these are the after photos (but before we got to the staining process).

IMG_1543

we also bought new hardware for the door.

IMG_1625IMG_1640IMG_1641IMG_1642

this was a time consuming project, but one that adds much more personality to our little room. in two wednesdays from now i will post all of the photos of our finished bedroom!

Sign-2013-5-18-12.20.12

  • Welcome, friends! My name is Emory. I am a wife and mother to three (two on earth and one in heaven). This is our life on the Canadian prairies.
    email: helloscarlettblog@outlook.com

  • Calendar

    July 2013
    M T W T F S S
    « Jun   Aug »
    1234567
    891011121314
    15161718192021
    22232425262728
    293031  
  • Follow

    Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

    Join 2,707 other subscribers

%d bloggers like this: