our latest addition to our home was a new bedroom. when we bought little green, the basement was unfinished and had a 6 foot high ceiling. (that is probably why it had been left unfinished for all of these years). since *g* and i could fit down there without getting a concussion, we thought that it was a waste of good space. we therefore decided to develop it.
the first task was to install a bedroom window. next, our contractor came in and went to work. the bedroom took all of seven days to complete. we decided to finish painting, staining, and installing switch plates, light fixtures, and other decor ourselves. this included reworking the built-in cupboard that he installed in order to give us extra storage.
this was the cupboard before our diy.
this was after i wallpapered the shelves.
*g* used his circular saw to remove the inner piece of the door, and we bought chicken wire to be used as the insert.
these are the after photos (but before we got to the staining process).
we also bought new hardware for the door.
this was a time consuming project, but one that adds much more personality to our little room. in two wednesdays from now i will post all of the photos of our finished bedroom!