Now that it’s officially 2014, I feel like I can breathe a little easier. As each year draws to a close, I can’t help but feel as if something major is coming to an end. It’s an unsettling feeling for me, and so when the new year rolls around, it brings much alleviation.
Like every year, 2013 brought many new changes. These are some of them:
1. The birth of Hello Scarlett Blog occurred in June. This was my first post.
2. My daily dose of laughter came from Timmy Alvarez’s YouTube channel. Here is one of my favourite videos from Timmy Fell Down The Well.
3. My weekly dose of love and laughter? ‘Girls‘. I cannot wait for Season 3!
4. The movie that I completely fell in love with was ‘On the Road‘. Consequently, I found a new celebrity crush in Garrett Hedlund.
5. However, my favourite scene from any movie this year was Michael Cera doing what he does best.
6. The CD that I had on repeat was K’naan’s ‘Country, God or the Girl‘.
7. HSB can also be found on YouTube! It all began with this Reclaimed Shelf DIY video.
8. As for real births, my niece came into this world on 09/09/13. You can visit her birth announcement here.
9. For some reason, with a birth usually comes a death. My Baba passed away only 6 days after Emelia was born. Since then, I often mention her in my posts. You can read a bit about the passing of this great woman here.
10. As you can see, the blog had many ups and downs over the last 6 months. My most successful DIYs were probably the ‘Lace Flower Pots‘, ‘Bathroom Reno‘, ‘Chicken Wire Cupboard‘, ‘Photography Backdrop Stand‘, ‘Tree Branches‘, and ‘Snow Globe‘.
11. Last month, I was chosen to be featured on one of my favourite blogs! This was a new experience, and one that I hope to repeat often. Starting this year, I am going to be having my own monthly feature. You will have to keep reading HSB daily in order to see when and what it will be.
12. As for Geoff and my little pet family, I only grew to love them more with each new day, week, and month. I could write a whole blog post about the many things that we did as a family, but I don’t want to bore all of you! I can only hope that 2014 will bring about more love, and maybe some changes as well.
13. Last but not least, I am so utterly grateful for this new blogging community that I have been introduced to through HSB and WordPress! I love how warm and enthusiastic other bloggers are, and have made so many more friends since I started blogging here in June.
Huzzah to all of you!! Happy New Year and Happy 2014!!