surprise, i’m pregnant!

Baby Anouncement 4Did you see that?! Did you happen read my amazing news in the title?! It turns out that I am pregnant! Cue the choir of angels, pop the champagne bottles, and so on. :-)))

IMG_9659While I am incredibly happy and excited now, this news had initially come as a complete shock to me. Yet, that shock was short-lived. Almost immediately after finding out that we were going to have a baby, the awful morning sickness set in. For the past two and a half months, I have been extremely, extremely ill. Everything from my work life, to my personal life, to my social media life has suffered as a result. Without revealing too much, I will say that I was bedridden during this time with crippling migraines and violent all-day sickness. Then everything suddenly changed last week when I had my first ultrasound. After seeing a tiny beating heart on the screen and such a perfect profile, I felt a change wash over me. Whether it’s because I am out of my first trimester, or because I now know what I am fighting to stay healthy for, for the first time since June I feel truly happy and physically a little bit better. I no longer wanted to keep this news a secret, but to share it with everyone who has been a part of my life over the last two years. So here you go!

Baby Anouncement 5Our little one will be joining our family at the beginning of March 2016. I cannot wait to meet him/her!

Have the most glorious weekend everyone!!

Blog // Instagram // Pinterest // Twitter // Facebook

1. Congratulations!!!

2. congratulations! isn’t it funny that we usually only hear horror stories about pregnancy. despite debilitating nausea, painful carpal tunnel, and trying to turn our breech-babe, i truly loved being pregnant and have never felt more beautiful or natural. pregnancy triggers so many changes in your world – hold on for an amazing ride!
    ps – have you considered taking diclectin? it made a big difference for me.

3. Congratulations!

4. Hi Emory, This is fantastic news! I truly hope you feel better soon so you can enjoy this process. My kids are grown and leaving the nest so I am a little envious that you get to have a beautiful baby around. The Biggest CONGRATS to you and your husband!

5. OMG!! I’m so happy for you. I just had a screwdriver; now, I’ve an excuse to partake of another. Congrats to you and yr hubby! I can’t want to behold yr awesome work. Thanks for sharing. Yippee!…something to be elated about! Have a spectacular w/end!
    Cheers!
    P.S. By the way, thanks for visiting my blog. Yay!!

6. When you pick nursery colours, let me know! :D

• Since we won’t be finding out the sex until the baby arrives, I want everything from clothes to bedding to diaper bags to be either black, white, grey, or navy blue!! My mum thinks that I am nuts, but I will not dress our little one in the traditional yellows and greens that make up gender-neutral colours. We will have a little rockstar instead!

Does that help? :-)))

7. Congratulations! I’m looking forward to some very cool nursery photos. I’m sure you’re already planning an awesome “baby space”.

• Well, we don’t know where we’ll be living when the baby comes along. He or she will probably have to share a bedroom with us until we settle our living situation. (We have two homes right now.) However, I’ll definitely be publishing posts on my favourite nursery spaces!! Does that count? :-)

8. Congratulations!!!

9. Congratulations!! How exciting!

10. Aw so very happy for you! Wait until you have five like me-HA! Congrats and do take special care. Keep us posted!! Cheryl

• Five!! After this morning sickness, I honestly think that we’re stopping at one …

Thank you so much for your well wishes! You can bet that I’ll be blogging all about my journey. :-)

Have a great weekend!

• Yes we had three and we were quite content (daughter, two sons) then an OOPS BUT A GOOD OOPS I was only 27 we had discovered during ultrasound two heartbeats-yes fraternal twins babies 4-5-I was as big as a whale! I was very lucky not to suffer bad morning sickness just a tad the first tri-semester. Promise once you get over that, feel the baby move, have an inverted out belly button get huge that’s the rough part, well no actually labor is hard but after that holding that sweet life ah you’ll forget it all. And…you’ll want more than one! Have a good weekend!!!

11. Yayyyyyyyyy congratulations!!! <3 you'll be the coolest and most amazing parents!

12. Congrats, or ¡felicidades! as we say in Spain :)

13. Congratulations! And, yes, I well remember that morning sickness ;-)

• Thanks Merilee! Isn’t it awful?? I wish that we could have the babies without the sickness!

• The sickness is absolutely killer. But magically it will disappear, and you’ll feel pretty darn good. Until the third trimester… Then weird things start happening. Be careful of your back in that third trimester ;-)

• Thank you for the advice! My sister is nearing the end of her pregnancy and she has been going to a chiropractor for her back problems.

So far, I’ve only heard terrifying stories about being pregnant. I definitely have a greater love and respect for all women in general now. It isn’t easy.

• No, it’s not easy. And it’s different for all women. You might breeze through it just fine. I personally was ok after the sick part until that third trimester, when every ligament and tendon in your body starts to loosen up. That’s when you need to careful of your back. You’ll be carrying a lot of weight in front and you can easily throw out your back like I did. Then it comes back to haunt you when your 52 and what happened at 29 rears its ugly head and you end up with low back issues…

14. Congratulations!

15. Fabulous! You two will be great parents.

• Thanks! I hope that we will be!!! We’re both very excited, and can’t wait to love yet another addition to our family. This is the first one that won’t be covered in fur!!

16. Congrats! :D

17. Sorry you were so sick. May the rest of your pregnancy journey be a lot more peaceful.

18. Congrats :)

Liked by 2 people

19. Congrats! So excited for you!! Hope you continue to feel better!