34 weeks

34 weeks pregnantCompared to my last pregnancy update, this one will seem pretty uneventful. I’m glad!

With less than six weeks to go, I’m feverishly working to get all of our ducks in a row before our little duck comes into this world. The diaper bag is packed, my hospital bag contents are nearly in order, the crib has been assembled, the birth photographer is booked, I’m in contact with the person who will encapsulate my placenta, and my five-year backlog of pictures have been printed. In the next few weeks we still need to set up the stroller, install the carseat, pack our hospital bags, print our birth plan, and I am wanting to have a spa day.

As of today, there are 5 weeks and 4 days remaining in my pregnancy. My doctor thinks that I will be delivering early. So, there could be less than 4 weeks, or there could be just over 7 weeks to go. Only time will tell. :-)))

See you tomorrow!

1. so close!!
    just out of curiosity, (and no worries if you don’t want to answer), what makes your dr think that you’ll deliver early? all I heard with our first was that most first time moms deliver late!

• Oh yes, me too! I heard something like only 8% of first-time mums deliver early.

I had some complications around week 30 (https://helloscarlettblog.com/2016/01/11/32-weeks/). After seeing an OB-GYN, I thought that everything was back to normal. However, during my last few appointments I’ve seen two different doctors, and they’re still not happy with my current dilation, amount of contractions, and a few other factors. One hopes that I will make it to at least 36 weeks, and the other has said that she thinks I’ll deliver around 38 weeks.

We’ll see, though. It’s totally a guessing game. I was born at 37 weeks, and that’s also when my husband has a week-long break. So I’m kind of hoping that our little one will come then. (Neither of us are taking a leave from work.) But that’s also me being a bit selfish. :-)))

Best of luck with your pregnancy!

<3<3

2. gjkool

/  01/26/2016

The time is going by so quickly:) a spa day is a great idea! You deserve it!

3. How exciting! I wish I had taken weekly photos, it’s such a great way to keep a record of your pregnancy. I’ve probably left it a bit late now!

• I took bi-weekly photos for my own album, from 4 weeks until now (34). I found that keeping up with that was quite the feat. However, I suspect that this will be our only child, so I wanted to document everything. I wanted to give our baby something to cherish when he or she is older.

It’s never too late to start! You should go and take some right now! :-)))

4. You’re almost there! Wishing you all the best. We’re close too… 37 weeks and counting.

5. Rumour has it that your sister had to give you a boost out of a vehicle yesterday? And I am missing all of this??

6. Yay! And the countdown begins! Can’t wait till your little nugget arrives and we get to see pictures!!!

7. Omgosh soon! And it’s the size of a pineapple. I love baby pineapples! :P Have a safe delivery!!

8. The baby will come when its time that’s for sure!!! Its all good Emory.

9. safe delivery, have you thought about a name so far?

10. Hope you have a safe delivery!! Wishing you and the baby lots of love!!