6 large red potatoes
1 bag of shredded cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Wash and pierce each potato several times with a fork. Place directly on the oven rack and bake for approximately 1 hour, or until thoroughly cooked through.
3. Remove the potatoes from the oven, and set aside. Let cool.
4. Peel each potato with a knife, making sure to have large slices of skin with a little filling. Place each skin filling side down on a cookie sheet.
5. Set oven to broil. Brush each skin with butter. Place in the oven and broil for 4 minutes. Remove, and flip each skin over, filling side up.
6. Brush each potato skin with butter once more. Add salt, pepper, and cheese to the tops. Place in the oven one last time, and broil for 4 minutes.
7. Remove the skins from the oven. Let them cool slightly, and enjoy while still warm!