A few months ago, I gave a recipe for Cheesy Potato Skins. Deliciousness aside, they do create wasted food with the potato filling. We can’t let that happen! So today I’m giving you a tasty dish that not only tastes amazing, but it lets you put that filling to great use. It can be eaten for any meal throughout the day. How wonderful is that?
Fried Potatoes and Egg Wraps:
Ingredients (Egg Wraps)
4 large eggs
2 large tortilla wraps
1/4 cup milk
1 tbsp butter
1. Slice the leftover potato filling. Then place in a large bowl with salted ice water. Soak for 15 minutes.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add oil, coating the skillet. Place the potato slices onto skillet. Add salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat until browned. Then turn the heat to low.
3. Crack eggs into glass bowl. Add milk, sliced green onion, seasoning salt, and pepper. Whisk until mixed.
4. Heat skillet over medium heat. Add butter. Once the butter has melted, add the eggs. Stir gently until eggs are cooked through. Remove eggs from skillet.
5. Take half of the scrambled eggs and place them in the middle of a wrap, forming a line that runs from end to end. Fold one end over (about 1 inch). Grab the side of the wrap that runs parallel to the line of the eggs and fold it over, tucking it under the eggs. Then roll the rest of the wrap tightly. This will leave just one end open! Repeat with the second wrap.
6. Remove the fried potatoes from the skillet, and place them on a place with the wraps. That’s all!